Thursday, September 13, 2007

It is finished.

It is short, this new piece. Only a mere 1000 words. But yet I think it does what it is supposed to do, says what it needed to say. I am sending it off to my two beta readers, who will, hopefully, report back to all of you with their initial impressions, and will provide me with any feedback to improve my latest project.

For those who are wondering, and who would like a little taste of what is to come, here is the beginning of the newly-born story.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

While Waiting

I knew when I saw him it would be hard to say no. These long years later, I still can’t refuse. Any minute now, he will be walking through the door of this dark bar, and any willpower I may have had will evaporate. I will feel the tingle in my legs, the pit of my stomach will drop into my twat, and all I will be able to focus on is the subtle sway of his hips as he walks toward my table. His voice will be in my head before he speaks.

“Hi.” The simple word caresses my check, then slips into my ear like his tongue has done so many times before. My breath quickens to match my pounding heart. I can feel my pulse in my clit, measuring the moments until he’s behind me. He will sweep my hair to one side and kiss my neck, softly, gently, behind my ear. My head will roll, away, around, and my lips will find his.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Review from Beta Reader #1:
Well, beta reader #1 loved it. She says that had her husband been home, he would have been one lucky man. I'm sure he was thrilled to hear that when he did finally arrive home. Beta reader #2 will be reporting in tomorrow, I hope.

Review from Beta Reader #2:
Beta reader #2 said it was "sweet and romantic." Not necessarily what I was going for, but ok. He also said: "That wasn't smut, it was erotica. Very skilled erotica." He worries when reading future perfect tense. Funny, since I worry when writing it. It's not a style I plan to cultivate or attempt on a regular basis, but sometimes the story decides how it will be told, which was future perfect tense in this case. It's not something a lot of writers try, because it's easy to mess up. Mine was, he said, "technically perfect." So that's nice to hear. I do appreciate good grammar, and try to produce it whenever possible.

No comments: